Calendar of Events 2017
The Philosophy of Insurance
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Executive Royal Hotel - 4025 Albert Street
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Registration: 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Seminar: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Coffee, tea and cookies
How To Take Care of Both the Condo Corporation and Unit Owners
This informative seminar will give you a brief overview on how the boundary between the policies works, what flexibility we have under Saskatchewan law to modify where that boundary falls (including a discussion about standard unit by-laws), and more!
- Part 1 - Are you confused by where condominium corporation insurance ends and unit owner coverage begins? Should corporations choose high deductibles to keep their claims histories clean and premiums lower? How about improvements and betterments - who should insure them? Where is the balance between taking care of the corporation and yet not causing insurance problems for the unit owners?
- Part 2 - Condo Connections: This part of the workshop will give participants an opportunity to discuss and share operational ideas on a number of important issues such as: - Policies and guidelines around condo fee collections - Ways to increase communication and participation at AGMs and general meetings etc. - Dialogue with Jim MacKenzie, Insurance Broker
Jim MacKenzie: an insurance broker with Dusyk & Barlow Insurance in Regina. Jim is past-president of both CCI National and our chapter, and continues to serve on our local chapter board as well as several national committees. He has presented about insurance to CCI members in Vancouver, Thunder Bay, Collingwood (Ontario), Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, Halifax, Fredericton, Moncton and St. John's (Newfoundland)
RESERVATIONS A MUST! Avoid Disappointment — Register Today!
For more information and to register, simply download our printable Registration Form (PDF), and mail your completed Registration to the address indicated on the form.
Events Hosted in 2016
Reserve Funds - The Right Way
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
This presentation will provide information on Reserve Funds from the outside in and top to bottom.
Chris Love: a Senior Principal with WSP in the Building Science group. Chris is based in Calgary, with 25 years experience, he is an expert in the various facets of the building envelope. "Think of us as "Forensic Engineers", we connect the dots between the problem and the business needs of our clients so that they have the information they need to understand what's happening and make informed decisions on how to deal with it."
Dale Wannamaker: a Senior Principal with WSP and manages the Building Science groups in the prairie provinces. Dale has 20 years of experience as a consultant in the building sector. Dale has managed and principled projects in the fields of building renewal, property conditions assessments, reserve fund studies and building envelope engineering. Based in the Calgary office, he is repsonbile for technical solutions, leading projects and proposals and much more.
2016 Fall Conference and AGM
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Keynote Speaker: Stephen Cassady
Stephen Cassady owns 247Condo and Condo Papers a document delivery company for Condos.
Volunteered with service Alberta with Condo Act rewrite, was Condo President and serves on National Executive CCI
- WCB- Workers Compensation Board
- Audits, Reviews and Notice to Reader- MWC
- How to put a lien on property- ISC
- Managing Pets in your Complex-RHS
- Three Keys on Managing Disputes in your condo- Stephen Cassady
- Ask the Experts Panel