The South Saskatchewan Chapter
CCI South Saskatchewan Chapter is made up of volunteers interested in making condominium living better. Our current board members include representatives from the insurance industry, property management, legal professions and owners. In addition to our volunteer board, we have a part-time Office Administrator.
CCI Southern Saskatchewan chapter is the primary resource to the condominium community in Southern Saskatchewan. We accomplish this by delivering education opportunities to members and non-members, increasing awareness of issues to owners, residents and service providers (including government agencies) and facilitating the exchange of information and expertise to/with all shareholders.
Some of our Past Accomplishments
We successfully negotiated with:
- the City of Regina to grant refunds of $25.00 to $40.00 for garbage pick up on owner occupied units.
- Sask Power to eliminate the PST on common area power bills.
- Worked with Saskatchewan Justice to amend the Estoppel Certificate to clarify the information that needs to be supplied; this helps both vendors and purchasers.
What do we do for you?
- Deliver 6 to 8 workshops and seminars offered on topics of interest to condominium owners. Past topics have included a review of The New Condominium Property Act, 1993 and The Condominium Property Regulations, 2001, insurance, management of reserve funds and budgeting, board member responsibilities and more.
- We combine our Annual General Meeting with our Fall Conference. This is a full-day of speakers, panel discussions, etc. that provides an informative program of topics that are of interest to all members (professional, trade/service and owners).
- A newsletter is produced on a quarterly basis and copies are circulated to all members.
- With representatives from our Chapter at the National level, we are able to share information about issues and solutions that can be brought back to the local level.
- We provide members with an opportunity to network in person and through email to co-ordinate meetings of groups that may have common concerns (e.g. Bareland Condos).
Current & Future Activities:
- We provide a voice for condominiums to the municipal and provincial government on common issues and concerns.
- Most activities have focused on the City of Regina and immediate area but are always available for all of southern Saskatchewan
- We are still working on the condominium course for current and future directors of Condominiums and hope to have more on this in 2017.