2020 AGM and WEBINAR
Saturday, November 21, 2020
2020 Annual General Meeting followed by Webinar - Online Only
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Lindsay Oliver, B. Sc. Ag., J.D. of OWZW:
This session will cover what happens when we have exhausted other means of Bylaw enforcement and are left with the Court Process.
It will also take a look at a Condo Corporation by-laws to ensure by-laws set currently are reasonable, because if not, that could provide ammunication for an owner's argument.
Registration by Email Only - Required by November 19, 2020 — Register Today!
Events Hosted in 2019
CONDO 100 COURSE
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Royal Hotel - 4025 Albert Street
Solarium 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Light Refreshments, Beverage included and Binder with resource material.
Invaluable for new Directors, Board Members and owners who are interested in being aware of the overall process of Condominium Management and administration.
- How condominiums are created and governed
- Board administrative and financial responsibilities
- Management considerations
- Meeting protocol
- Annual Plan
- The Act Regulations & Bylaws
- Board Confidentiality & Conflict of Interest
- Best Practrices, Insuarnce, insight into your Director role and more.....
Brandon Hicks - B. Comm (Hons) J.D. of McDougall Gauley:
Advance Registration AND Payment Required by December 3, 2019 — Register Today!
For more information and to register, simply download our printable Registration Form (PDF), and mail your completed Registration to the address indicated on the form.
2019 Fall Conference and AGM
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Executive Royal Hotel - 4025 Albert Street
9:00 am – 3:15 pm
Registration: 8:15 am – 9:00 am
Continental Breakfast and Lunch Included.
Managing Conflicts in Condos
- Introducing / clarifying challenges
- Proactive approaches for identifying and addressing conflict
- Developing strategies for promoting harmony in your community
- Case studies
Marc Bhalla, Hons. B.A., C.Med., Q.Arb, MCIArb: Marc is a leading mediator and arbitrator who concentrates on condominium dispute resolution. He is looking forward to leading an interactive presentation in Regina.
Advance Registration AND Payment Required by September 24, 2019 — Register Today!
Reserve Fund Investing and Loans for Condos
CWB Canadian Western Financial Reserve Fund Investing - http://cwbmaxium.com/education-session-presentation/
Scott Bury, CFP - 28 years in the financial industry and a member of the Canadian Institute of Financial Planners is in Wealth Management. He will cover a wide range of options as pertains to Condominium Investment.
• Risks to avoid when investing Reserves
• Effects of inflation or deflation
• Types of allowable Investments
• Time frames to consider: short, medium and long
• Basic account information and much more
CWB Maxium Financial Loan Solutions
Blake Barrigar, CGA Since1998, had many roles within Maxium, currently responsible for developing and managing the Maxium Condominium Finance program in Ontario will cover-
• Financing solutions for major Capital projects-roofs, balconies, windows & doors, underground parking, HVAC systems, elevator modernization, energy retrofits and more.
Events Hosted in 2017
Condo 100 Course - SOLD OUT!
Thursday, November 30, 2017
This is a 3.5 hour session designed to introduce and educate on basics of board governance, board meetings and running an AGM, by-laws and more!
- Role of the Board/Management
- Director's Code of Ethics
- Condominium Property Act
- Board Confidentiality
- SO MUCH MORE....
Presenter: Brandon Hicks
Brandon Hicks, B.Comm (Hons), J.D. a lawyer with McDougall Gauley in Regina, is vice-president of CCI South Saskatchewan and President of his condo board. He is a member of the Law Society of Saskatchewan and the Regina Bar Association. Brandon maintains a general business and commercial law practice including real estate and condominium development, corporate governance, and not-for-profit corporate advising.
2017 Fall Conference and AGM
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Keynote Speaker: Doug Forbes
Doug Forbes is the CCI National President. His law practice focuses on Corporation/Commercial law as well as Condominium Law with an emphasis on development, governance, buying, selling and financing.
- Saskatchewan Human Rights Comission
- Better Business Bureau
- Regina Police Service
- Regina Fire Department
- Ask the Experts Panel
The Philosophy of Insurance
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
How To Take Care of Both the Condo Corporation and Unit Owners
This informative seminar will give you a brief overview on how the boundary between the policies works, what flexibility we have under Saskatchewan law to modify where that boundary falls (including a discussion about standard unit by-laws), and more!
- Part 1 - Are you confused by where condominium corporation insurance ends and unit owner coverage begins? Should corporations choose high deductibles to keep their claims histories clean and premiums lower? How about improvements and betterments - who should insure them? Where is the balance between taking care of the corporation and yet not causing insurance problems for the unit owners?
- Part 2 - Condo Connections: This part of the workshop will give participants an opportunity to discuss and share operational ideas on a number of important issues such as: - Policies and guidelines around condo fee collections - Ways to increase communication and participation at AGMs and general meetings etc. - Dialogue with Jim MacKenzie, Insurance Broker
Jim MacKenzie: an insurance broker with Dusyk & Barlow Insurance in Regina. Jim is past-president of both CCI National and our chapter, and continues to serve on our local chapter board as well as several national committees. He has presented about insurance to CCI members in Vancouver, Thunder Bay, Collingwood (Ontario), Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, Halifax, Fredericton, Moncton and St. John's (Newfoundland)
Events Hosted in 2016
Reserve Funds - The Right Way
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
This presentation will provide information on Reserve Funds from the outside in and top to bottom.
Chris Love: a Senior Principal with WSP in the Building Science group. Chris is based in Calgary, with 25 years experience, he is an expert in the various facets of the building envelope. "Think of us as "Forensic Engineers", we connect the dots between the problem and the business needs of our clients so that they have the information they need to understand what's happening and make informed decisions on how to deal with it."
Dale Wannamaker: a Senior Principal with WSP and manages the Building Science groups in the prairie provinces. Dale has 20 years of experience as a consultant in the building sector. Dale has managed and principled projects in the fields of building renewal, property conditions assessments, reserve fund studies and building envelope engineering. Based in the Calgary office, he is repsonbile for technical solutions, leading projects and proposals and much more.
2016 Fall Conference and AGM
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Keynote Speaker: Stephen Cassady
Stephen Cassady owns 247Condo and Condo Papers a document delivery company for Condos.
Volunteered with service Alberta with Condo Act rewrite, was Condo President and serves on National Executive CCI
- WCB- Workers Compensation Board
- Audits, Reviews and Notice to Reader- MWC
- How to put a lien on property- ISC
- Managing Pets in your Complex-RHS
- Three Keys on Managing Disputes in your condo- Stephen Cassady
- Ask the Experts Panel